Skip to main content

Le Labo - The Noir 29: My Signature Scent

source: fragrantica

 

Hi, lovelies!

This week I would like to dedicate this post for Le Labo - The Noir 29. I purchased this in South Korea (see my previous post about Lune Feline), in Hyundai Duty Free. I am a member there, of which I got an additional discount. I had the chance to sniff all of Le Labo fragrances there including Santal 33, Another 13, Rose 31, etc...and call me basic but Santal 33 and Another 13 really had me hooked. However, I felt like The Noir 29 had a charm that I could not describe. Thus, on my second visit to Le Labo store, I set my heart for The Noir 29. Okay, let's jump into it straight away.

A lot of people told me that The Noir 29 smells like black tea, which kinda get...subtly. As soon as I spray this beauty, I can smell the fig, very tiny bit of bergamot (which fades away so soon on my skin), and cedar. It is very musky and thick in the air and on your skin. Upon a few hours, it leaves you with sexy skin scent - musky and hay-ey (is that even a word hahaha). On last moments, you can smell musky tobacco - intoxicating. I believe it can be considered as skin scent, just with stronger projection.


I have received compliments from my friends with this fragrance and I really like this fragrance on my skin. To be honest, I am not into fig scents, but this can be an exception - or maybe my nose has changed? 

The Noir 29 reminds me of dry autumn or winter, on the street holding my freshly brewed black tea. It does not really suit the tropical country I live in, but certainly it is still wearable when you are indoor with AC on, or when you are working in office. I find it very suitable and formal enough for work or in a formal setting. This fragrance has quickly become my signature scent and I even bought the The Noir 29 shower gel earlier last week.

I am trying to find an alternative, a similar scent (a dupe if you will) and I heard that the Alchemist - Out West, and Indonesian local perfume, is a perfect dupe of this fragrance. I have not had the chance to try it yet, but I will definitely purchase it one of these days. 

So that's it. I hope you can try The Noir 29 as an alternative for skin/signature scent.

xoxo

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Atelier des Ors - Lune Feline: Your Cold Night Companion

  source: fragrantica My boyfriend and I went to South Korea recently for a month holiday. We had the opportunity to visit a few cities such as Seoul, Ansan, and Dongtan. Since it was my first trip abroad since the pandemic and I have not had a break, I was really excited to finally had a time for myself.  During our visit to Dongtan, we went to an outlet and I encountered this Lune Feline by Atelier des Ors.  The first time I heard about Atelier des Ors fragrances was through Juse de Rose 's youtube and since then it has been in my wishlist to acquire one of their masterpiece. To be honest, I am not a cardamom person, moreover cinnamon (and yes, I dislike cinnamon buns/rolls too), but this elixir surprisingly piqued my interest at the first sniff. In each sniff, Lune Feline reminds me of a cold winter night with my hot vanilla latte, with a bit of spice sprinkled on it. Despite the weather, it smells a bit warm and makes you feel like you want to snuggle in your blanket. Cardamom